[mythtv-users] Channel scan with minimal updates?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 2 13:06:14 UTC 2014

On 02/01/14 03:20, Tom Dexter wrote:
> I record OTA digital stations and wanted to rescan for new channels.
> I actually haven't rescanned since the OTA digital switchover.
>
> I didn't see the option I recall for "minimal updates".  Is there any
> such option any more?  I especially don't want to delete channels as I
> have both New York and Philly stations in my database and can only
> tune most of the Philly stations with my antenna turned.  All I want
> is to essentially add/update and stations it can tune with the antenna
> aimed at New York.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Tom

Partial updates tend to get a bad press here.

I'm not familiar with US practices, but two questions come to mind:

Do you have separate Video Sources defined for New York and Philly?

In the Channel Editor > Edit Transports page can you link individual
transports to each city?

If both these are Yes you could perhaps delete the Channels for one
Video Source and rescan the associated Transports one at a time.

HTH

John P