[mythtv-users] Channel scan with minimal updates?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 14:10:34 UTC 2014

On Jan 1, 2014, at 10:20 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't see the option I recall for "minimal updates".  Is there any
> such option any more?
> All I want is to essentially add/update and stations it can tune with the antenna
> aimed at New York.

Kinda painful but you can reduce the range of channels so you do multiple scans covering the frequencies of your NY channels. If you're lucky some of them will have no Philly channels between and you get a twofer. Anyway partial full scans is what I do with my rotating antenna.

I think in the longer term scanning will move to the web interface and there will be a services way to scan so you can create scripts to scan your NY group and Philly group separately.

- George