[mythtv-users] Ceton PCIe / No liveTV / (TL_) Partial Lock

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 22:15:22 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 04:06 PM, nonsense email wrote:
> Yes this is on all Stations.  I have scrolled through at least 200
> channels and nothing comes through on any of them.  I would find it
> odd that Comcast could filter or blocking channels when I use MythTV
> but allow them to come through when I use WMC.  How can they know?  I
> thought the Cablecards were uni-directional?
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Joseph DeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net
> <mailto:coffee412 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/01/2014 10:39 PM, nonsense email wrote:
>>     I have a Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe with a Comcast cablecard that
>>     works in Win7 Media Center.  I am to use all the functions
>>     (liveTV, recording, etc).  I decided to try MythTV and it's been
>>     a couple of weeks now and I can't get any live video.  I'm
>>     running 0.27 Mythtv, the ceton drivers are installed and I'm also
>>     able to retrieve my channel listing from Schedule Direct.
>>
>>     In the Ceton diag webpage, as far as I can see everything looks
>>     to be in order.  I get this on the Cablecard tab that lets me
>>     know that I'm provisioned (used the same system for the
>>     WMC): Validated, validation message is received, authenticated,
>>     and the IDs match those in the current binding.   I'm able to go
>>     into each tuner and set a channel and get a lock and see a signal
>>     strength.
>>
>>     I went through the Mythtv setup (configured general, capture
>>     card, video source, and input connections).  did
>>     mythfilldatabase.  went into Mythtvfrontend and I have no live
>>     tv.  I get a Signal 100% |  (TL_) Partial Lock for all channels.
>>      Also get the message everytime I tune to any channel: You should
>>     have received a channel lock by now. You can continue to wait for
>>     a signal or you can change the channel with Up or Down, change
>>     video source (Y), inputs (C), etc."
>>
>>     Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have looked all over
>>     the internet and no one seems to have had my issue.

>     Is this on all Stations? I have the same card and comcast cable
>     and had this exact same issue. Turns out comcast had a filter on
>     my line that blocked certain channels. This smacks of a comcast
>     issue and their is a special number to call at comcast for help on
>     this. I bet comcast is either blocking stations or filtering in
>     some way or the card was misconfigured by them.

Alot of times, from my experience, Comcast will go around and put
filters on lines to filter out channels at locations where the customer
disconnected service. Perhaps maybe the customer had a lower tier
service also. That is one problem I ran up against. Another thing to
check is to have comcast re-initialize the card again. Its very possible
that you got someone that didnt realize they sent the wrong settings to
the card or got the I.D. number wrong of the card. This happens. Comcast
dorked me around for a few days and then sent a tech out because I was
not getting all the channels I subscribed to in their tier plan. They
found a filter on the line in the front yard. Took it off and everything
was gravy!

If your sure you are setup correctly in mythtv and have followed the
instructions on the driver for the ceton then I would call comcast and
have them look at the card and re initialize it. There are
troubleshooting steps on the website of ceton also. Check that out. Im
pretty sure you will find that the problem though is with comcast.

Let us know what you find,

jdegraw