[mythtv-users] Multiple Channel 4s on UK FreeSat

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:41:07 UTC 2014

On 04/01/14 12:22, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 04/01/14 13:05, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> You do realise that those Channel 4 streams are all different and
>> unique, right? They *aren't* duplicates!
> Obviously, the basic Channel 4, +1, and HD are different, but I am not
> sure whether the various basic Channel 4 are different. The ITV channels
> have regional variations, but are all still labelled by default ITV.

Channel 4 /4+1 regional variations are for advertising, not programmes.

Easiest way to reduce the "clutter" is to use Mythweb and untick the
"visible" box.

I generally do not recommend using sql directly to change anything in
Mythtv unless you taken a full backup of the database (mythconverg) and
are prepared to do a full restore if things go wrong.

Mike