[mythtv-users] Correct way to reset previously recorded history

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 16:05:51 UTC 2014

Is there an officially sanctioned method for resetting the history of what has been recorded previously ?

Specifically, there is a series that has recently started showing again, and which I'd like to record and watch again. But, I've already watched some episodes before - and so they appear in the history Myth uses to determine if something has already been recorded and there is the risk that I might miss some.
It would seem that "delete from olderecorded where title='series title'" should do it, but I know directly manipulating the database is officially frowned upon.

I'm on 0.24.1 if that makes any difference.