[mythtv-users] Correct way to reset previously recorded history

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 4 16:37:28 UTC 2014

On 01/04/2014 11:27 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/04/2014 11:05 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> Is there an officially sanctioned method for resetting the history of
>> what has been recorded previously ?
>>
>> Specifically, there is a series that has recently started showing
>> again, and which I'd like to record and watch again. But, I've
>> already watched some episodes before - and so they appear in the
>> history Myth uses to determine if something has already been recorded
>> and there is the risk that I might miss some.
>> It would seem that "delete from olderecorded where title='series
>> title'" should do it, but I know directly manipulating the database
>> is officially frowned upon.
>>
>> I'm on 0.24.1 if that makes any difference.
>
> In mythfrontend, Manage Recordings|Previously Recorded, then find any
> episode from the series, then hit MENU (M) (I think it's MENU, but it
> might be SELECT (Space/Enter)), and there should be an option to
> "Remove all episodes for this title."
>
> Note, too, that this is the same location where you can set individual
> episodes to re-record (or remove individual episodes from the
> history), and see why things did/didn't record, ...
>
> No direct DB editing required.

By the way, you can hit 1 to sort by title (and again to toggle
ascending/descending sort) or 2 to sort by date (and again to
toggle...), or use the MENU to choose "Sort By Title" or "Sort By Time"
and "Reverse Sort Order".

I think you can also use the Search List functionality/screen to find a
show, then use its MENU to select "Previously Recorded," which will take
you to the Previously Recorded screen, where you can manage recording
history for that series.

If you just scroll up and down in Previously Recorded (and don't even
know about sorting), finding the episode can be the hardest part of the
process.

Mike