[mythtv-users] Restore backup?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jan 6 21:19:21 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

> Definitely. You can't just rip the database out from under the MythTV
> system and expect it to handle things properly. You should shut down
> /all/ MythTV applications on /all/ hosts when doing a restore.

On the other side: how does *making* the backup interact with the BE
and FE being running?  Since I gather I'm worng, and the default table
type is MyISAM, then --one-transaction is certainly not going to help
anyway; will there be interactions between making the dump and running
the BE?  Will backups be incoherent?  Could a running backup freeze up
the UI on the FE?  And what about Naomi?

Cheers,
-- jra