[mythtv-users] How much memory do you have installed?

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 15:34:06 UTC 2014

My girlfriend came to me again about problems with burning DVD's. I know
in the past I have had some real difficulties with mytharchive and didnt
look forward to chasing down the latest gremlin in the works. But I
started looking at the mythburn.log and noticed that the decoder failed
or quit unexpectedly. So, I looked in the kern.log for further clues and
saw that I totally ran out of memory and swap space! This is the first
time I have seen this happen.

My mythtv box consists of a 6 core amd processor and 4 gigs of ram, a
ceton 4 port card. Iam running mythbuntu.

So, I have ordered more memory (another 4 gigs) to pump it up to 8 gigs
total. Now I sit and wonder how much memory do others have installed in
their home mythboxes? Have you ever ran out before like I just did?

To be fair, My girlfriend stresses the heck out of the box Im sure. Many
times we are recording on all available tuners (4) and comflagging,
watching stuff, Remote mythweb activity and burning DVD's.

Anyone else have this issue before? :) Just curious.

jdegraw