[mythtv-users] Using Google Webfonts in the MythTV UI

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 8 19:35:03 UTC 2014

On 1/8/2014 2:05 PM, Beny Spensieri Jr wrote:
> This is exactly my point.  Google's Webfonts are hosted on their own
> servers.
>
> thttp://www.google.com/fonts#AboutPlace:abou
>
> These fonts are open sourcedand freely licensed, but you can't
> actually download the font files. You code your css to use them remotely.

How exactly are you supposed to use the fonts without downloading them?
If you can't download them, you can't access the data contained within
them.  Is it doing something awful like rendering the text remotely, and
downloading it as rasterized images?

How exactly are you supposed to use the fonts in a UI that is not
HTML-based, nor web-based in any way, and is not coded using CSS?