[mythtv-users] Anyone using the new XMLTV grabbers (Atlas, Guardian, TVGuide) in MythTV?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 16:21:39 UTC 2014

On Thursday 09 Jan 2014 16:08:54 steve.goodey at openreach.co.uk wrote:
> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike Bibbings Sent:
>> I have been using the Atlas (tv_grab_uk_atlas) grabber on mythtv since
>> September 2013 with no problems on two different sources Freesat and
>> Freeview.

> Mike, Can I ask how you are getting the data from Atlas into Mythtv? I
> wasn't aware it was a supported XMLTV feed.

All XMLTV Baseline compliant xmltv grabbers are supported.

There's been some discussion about forking the atlas grabber so that we might
improve the data it provides. The present atlas dev has flat out refused to do
things like marking all programs on an HD channel as HD, instead insisting
that the Atlas data be passed through untouched. The old uk_rt grabber did a
number of fixups on the data that served a practical purpose for end-users.

We also need to negotiate that API key restriction with
Metabroadcast/PressAssociation as it's problematic.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV