[mythtv-users] Mythutil ScanVideos not updating Video Metadata

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:48:56 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 1/10/2014 10:25 PM, A Desai wrote:
>
>> The thing is, I have quite extensive Bluray + DVD collection.
>>
>> I hate updating the movie every other time I update my library.
>>

> What he's saying is that it takes the better part of an hour to rip a
> Bluray to hard drive, and an additional 20 seconds to refresh the Video
> Library and pick it up.

The better part of an hour to rip is not when I am staring at the screen
while it's doing it. And yes, it may take merely 20 sec to get the art
work, but it's annoying as hell if I have to to do it every time - there is
no need for smart ass coments. It was merely a question I asked, and I was
just wondering what stops it from doing what it does - I was just curious
since I know that every time I do a GUI Scan - it automatically updates the
artwork. I though the mythutil command pretty much does the same thing -
just on a CLI. My question here was not a rant, nor did I come out with
"why the heck is it not doing" in an ungrateful manner. I understand it's a
lot of hard work by people who put in time for no real gain. So - while I
do appreciate the work behind this, again, the retort given seems to be in
bad taste.

Nevertheless, thankfully, we don't know each other personally and so I can
discard it pretty quickly...!

Thanks everyone.

--
http://about.me/adesai