[mythtv-users] Mythfronted for Android

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 21:33:39 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 02:24 PM, Yann Lehmann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wanted to try Mythfrontend on my Android phone.
>
> The connection with the backend seems to work ok, according to the logs on the backend. I can see the messages when I start the app on the
> Android device.
>
> When I press 'Recordings', 'Synching Recorded Programs' appears in the status bar and message with 'Recorded Program are up to date!'.
>
> But nothing happens after that, the screen remains blank.
>
> What can I check to find the problem ?

Hi,

There is a MythFrontend app (which I know nothing about,) but the Play
Store page shows a "Recorded shows" button, not "Recordings".

MythTV Android Frontend does have a "Recordings" button, so you may be using that.
But, the status messages above don't quite match, e.g Syncing Recorded Programs.

If you are using MythTV Android Frontend, it's the 1.10.x release.
which doesn't play well with 0.27. If you join:

     https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.mythtv

you can get a 1.20.6 beta version that works with 0.25 through 0.27.

--
Bill