[mythtv-users] Category M "Missed" recording

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 14 00:44:36 UTC 2014

My wife was a bit annoyed last night when Downton Abbey failed to
record.  I'm a bit perplexed as to why.  This is a case I don't recall
seeing before.

If I look in the Previously Recorded listing for the expected timeslot
(yesterday at 9PM) it and something else that was supposed to record
at the same time shows up in red with code "M", for missed.  What
would cause mythtv to just miss a recording?

I checked the backend log and didn't see anything related to
recordings, just a bunch of messages about starting mythlogserver
every 30 seconds:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Fi60UAHe

These mythlogserver start messages persist every 30 seconds
(eventually mixing with other messages) until the last one at Jan 13
00:48:23.

Any idea what would cause a recording to just be missed?  It's as if
the backend just forgot to record for a while.

Eric