[mythtv-users] codeset warning in mythfilldatabase?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 17:13:05 UTC 2014

I've been meaning to ask about this one.  When I run mythfilldatabase
I get this warning:

This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8
codeset, and many features may behave improperly with your current
language settings. Please set the LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE, and LANG
variable(s) in the environment in which this program is executed to
include a UTF-8 codeset (such as 'en_US.UTF-8')

Yet all that seems correct in my locale:

tom at mythback ~ $ locale
LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=

Is anything actually wrong there, or is the warning erroneous?

Thanks!
Tom