[mythtv-users] codeset warning in mythfilldatabase?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 16 18:24:28 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 01:11 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> Yes, I meant to reply that I did in fact have a hyphen in mine. I
> incorrectly posted the non-hyphenated string. I think I was confused
> between the upper-case and the hyphen necessity. Sorry!

Well, you were going down the right path--of spotting differences
between the example and the locale-reported values--and I'm sure the
hyphen would have been the next thing checked.

The message doesn't say that the capitalization is ignored, so one
should assume that it's not.  The reason the message doesn't say that
capitalization of charmap is ignored is because a) it's not usually
ignored for the locale (i.e. en_US) portion (though some distros may
have scripts that ignore it for some things) and b) TTBOMK there's no
guarantee that *libc will keep the "charmap capitalization is ignored"
approach forever (and/or that all *libc implementations ignore
capitalization of charmap).  So, it's actually best to just specify it
properly--completely properly--including proper capitalization and
spelling/hypenation.

So, no need to be sorry--you were still helping to fix things that were
wrong in the environment definition.

Mike