[mythtv-users] Intermittent Zero Lenght Recordings

Kenneth Lightbody kenlight15 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:31:47 UTC 2014

I have three different systems each containing the following:

- Mythbuntu 12.04.3 64-bit,
- two dual Hauppauge 1229 tuners,
- Mythtv 0.27
- Antenna connections.

All three systems exhibit the same symptoms.  Also note that the exact same
problem has occurred under Mythbuntu 12.04.1 and Mythtv 0.25.

PROBLEM:

 Once a tuner stops recording (usually in middle of a recording) all other
scheduled recordings for the card are 0 byte recordings for the rest of the
night. The other card keeps on recording normally. Note that my CRON
automatically shuts down system at 3 AM and motherboard turns system on at 6:30
PM.  My recordings are typically between 7 PM - 11 PM.  Mythfilldatabase
occurs from midnight to 1 AM. The problem is intermittent and when it
occurs 25 - 75% of the recordings show zero length. On about half the days
there is no problem and depending on the recording requirements one to four
simultaneous recordings occur without a hitch.

The reason for the three systems was I originally thought the problem
occurred because of three turner cards per system.  Going down to two cards
showed no change.  I have two active systems (working off the same antenna
but at different locations in my condo). Each of these systems have
basically the same recording schedule.  So far I have never had the same
channel/time combination fail at the same time on both systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

KenL