[mythtv-users] Extracting info from mythtv database

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Jan 17 18:35:15 UTC 2014

On 17.01.2014 15:28, Yan Seiner wrote:

> On 01/17/2014 03:43 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 01/16/2014 10:58 PM, yan seiner wrote:
>>> Thanks! Are the 0.24 bindings still valid?
>>>
>>> If so I can use those docs.
>>
>> What docs? Why do you think you need 0.24 bindings? Are you saying
>> the mythrokuplayer project is dead/the app is out of date?
>
> Last I checked mythrokuplayer hasn't been updated in 2 years. I assumed
> it had been abandoned.

That's open source, when someone doesn't add changes anymore someone
else can step up and pick up where others left off.
https://github.com/rshendershot/MythRokuPlayer - last updated 5 days ago
https://github.com/Metuchen/MythRokuPlayer - last updated 14 days ago

Now you have to decide which lead to follow, or step up and lead the
multiple MythRokuPlayer forks back into a common release.

Btw, using the Service API there should be no need to update a working
mythrokuplayer for a long time, even across releases.

Regards,
Karl