[mythtv-users] Automatic Metadata Lookup not working

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 08:04:16 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:59 PM, Jeffrey Gordon wrote:
> I have setup my mythtv as instructed
> here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
>
> Running the manual commands posted in the above wiki it pulls in all of
> the metadata and artwork for my recordings.  I then configured the
> backend to allow metadata lookups as shown and make sure my recordings
> have that job enabled.
>
> I see in the job status that the metadata job runs for each recording
> and in fact the recordings get marked with appropriate id.  However it
> does not pull in the artwork unless I manually run mythmetadatalookup
> --refresh-all-artwork
>
> Is there something I am missing?

It is also my observation that, despite what the wiki says, artwork is
not automatically obtained. So I've set up a daily cron job that
refreshes all artwork.

But I'm wondering whether this is really the best way to do it, because
refreshing the whole thing potentially looks like overkill when it might
be less impactful (both on the backend and on the artwork servers) to
pull artwork in the same way as the rest of the metadata (i.e. on a
per-recording basis). However I've not found any way to tell
mythmetadatalookup to obtain artwork only for a given recording.

Jan