[mythtv-users] 0.27: Stalls and other niggles - diagnosed

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 00:03:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> Crazy, now I'm wondering if someone could take a peek at the BUSQ and
> SQLite, then document that :D

I remember conjecturing about using SQLite as the embedded DB
(it was just a thought experiment), but at the time of that conjecture
(generations ago in Internet years) insert performance (actually,
transaction performance) was really poor.  I (personally) have not
followed any advances with SQLite performance (my use of SQLite
has been limited to small, embedded, low transaction rate needs,
where is performs adequately).  It would, indeed, be an interesting
option if the current generation of SQLite could handle the MythTV
needs.

As I recall (again, conjecture), a good first step would be to
abstract the existing direct MySQL calls by the SBE/FE to
suitable MBE service API requests.

But this starts to move into an architecture design, and that is
100% in the hands of the dev who (eventually) does the work.
Since I am not volunteering, my design conjectures are
not relevant.

Gary