[mythtv-users] Recording Priorities

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Jan 19 00:54:27 UTC 2014

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:09:42 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>  Could someone help me with recording priorities, I'm struggling to get my head around it.
>
>I have 4 dvb-s2 cards and 2 dvb-t cards, the quality of recordings on the dvb-s2 cards is superior to the dvb-t cards, additionally some channels are broadcast an hour later in reduced quality, so I would like the schedule to use the following priority when scheduling recordings
>
>1 - dvb-s2 (best quality)
>2 - dvb-t
>3 - dvb-s2 +1 channel
>4 - dvb-t +1 channel (worst quality)
>
>So do I need to set the recording priority to +10 on the dvb-s inputs and the channel priorities to -20 on the +1 channels to achieve my goal?
>
>Thanks
>  Russell

The priority system changed significantly from 0.26 to 0.27, so for
anyone to give you a good answer, we need to know what version you are
running.  See here for what changed:

  http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/5587501/mythtv

and here for the explanation of how things work:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scheduling_Recordings#Priority