[mythtv-users] ecord at any time on this channel missing

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Jan 19 01:23:40 UTC 2014

On 19.01.2014 02:06, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm dredging up an old topic from August:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-August/351488.html
>
> I'm in a different boat with the same issue, and maybe I don't
> understand how I am supposed to use the new rules...
>
> Many of the channels I have broadcast the same show in SD and HD, on two
> different channels. Used to be I could just say, "Record this show on
> this channel" if the majority of the episodes were in HD, or I could
> tell myth to record the show on any channel.
>
> I've looked around and I don't get how I am supposed to make a rule that
> says, record this show only in HD (or only on an HD channel).....

If this is about HD/SD simulcast the solution is to just hide/delete the
SD copy of the channel. Even if the episode is not native HD you will
still get a higher quality by recording the HD transmission.

If this is about unrelated channels but then you could enable the HD
filter on the recording rule.

Both solutions allow you to delete the channel e.g. when rescanning (say
it moves to a different multiplex) and the recording rule will *NOT*
silently stop working.

But there is also a "this channel" filter that you can use to set up
your rules like before.

Regards,
Karl