[mythtv-users] Backend won't start - ipv6 issue?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Jan 19 15:48:13 UTC 2014

On 1/19/2014 9:44 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> Jan 19 06:34:13 NewMoon mythbackend: mythbackend[16639]: E CoreContext
> serverpool.cpp:411 (listen) Failed listening on TCP
> [fe80::20a:cdff:fe17:f4bb%bond0]:6544 - Error 9: The address is not
> available
>
> But ifconfig tells me the interface is available:

Listening on link-local addresses is a bit peculiar, and there are
certain system configurations on which MythTV cannot currently listen on
them. Until that issue is resolved properly, there's a work around in
mythtv-setup. Directly below configuring the desired IP/IPv6 addresses
in General, toggle the "Listen on Link-Local addresses" off.