[mythtv-users] Channel change script works, but not in mythtv

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 19:28:22 UTC 2014

On 01/19/2014 07:45 PM, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Any ideas?

I have occasional glitches in my channel change script and my "working
suspicion" is that it is due to inaccuracy in the timing of the IR pulses.

So, only a couple of hours ago, I changed the scheduling priority of the
LIRC daemon to real-time. I don't yet know whether it makes any
difference; due to my unsuccessful/incorrect channel changes being
relatively infrequent I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before concluding.

But I guess what I did can't hurt, so here it is:

Please add the following to /etc/rc.local (before the exit 0 line if
there is one):

chrt --fifo -p 75 `pidof lircd`

On my Ubuntu system, chrt is part of the util-linux package.

You can either reboot or also issue the above command (as root). Then
try your channel change command again.

HTH, Jan