[mythtv-users] Reset mythvideo import - start from scratch

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 20 13:20:38 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 04:21 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:

> Thanks Raymond, yes that worked well. Kind of. I migrated my backend a
> little while ago which involved a change of host name - however while
> I thought I followed the wiki procedure for change of host name
> correctly I did not. So while my recordings ended up with the correct
> host, nothing else got updated correctly. So I had Mythvideo records
> on the old host name that 'scan for changes' got upset about. Once I
> corrected the hostname everything else flowed smoothly (as far as
> mythvideo is concerned, see future new thread for further questions).

If you did:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend

you would have followed the correct procedure, and all would have been
updated.

Based on your symptoms, it sounds like you followed:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration#Retiring_an_old_backend

which is the "I didn't follow the correct procedure, so now everything
is messed up, so how do I start cleaning things up?" procedure.

Mike