[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:30:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Yianni <yiannividalis at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > The additional udev rule file will not prevent the device from being
>> > named
>> > video{0,1,etc}. This is taken care by the default udev rules of your
>> > distribution. What it does is create an additional device named
>> > /dev/video-pvr150, which will always point to the pvr 150, regardless of
>> > its
>> > original name.
>> >
>> > Yianni.

>> OK, that sounds good, but how do I verify that there is a
>> "/ded/video-pvr150"?

> From an xterm:
>
> ls -lah /dev/video*

Hi Yanni, when you say "from an xterm" I assume you use Open SuSE,
when I run that command in a terminal, I use Ubuntu, I get:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -lah /dev/video*
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 0 Jan 21 11:23 /dev/video0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 5 Jan 21 11:23 /dev/video1
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 7 Jan 21 11:23 /dev/video2
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 3 Jan 21 11:23 /dev/video24
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 1 Jan 21 11:23 /dev/video32
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -lah /dev/dvb*
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root   80 Jan 21 11:23 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4.5K Jan 21 11:23 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Jan 21 11:23 adapter0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  120 Jan 21 11:23 adapter1
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

I made 5 udev rules, 3 for video and 2 for dvb, but I still do not see
confirmation. Do I need a different type of terminal?