[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 02:17:10 UTC 2014

> On 22 Jan 2014, at 11:25 am, "Tom Wheeler" <tomwheel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've recently installed MythTV via Mythbuntu and recorded several programs successfully. Since last night, however, no shows are listed when I go to Media Library -> Watch Recording, although I have confirmed via the 'recorded' table in MySQL and by looking at the filesystem that the shows are still there.
>
> I saw in the FAQ that this is often caused by having a filter set in the frontend, but I verified that this is set to 'All Programs' (and I have also tried setting it to 'sitcoms' and 'news' but in any event, nothing shows up).
>
> Any ideas as to what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
I've sometimes seen a small refresh problem after I have moved some recordings to a new group, but normally that only happens on a single recording. Exit back to main menu then re-enter recordings view normally fixes it.

Have the shows been deleted or auto expired? Press M once or twice to bring up Group Filter, select, then change to Deleted (can't remember if All Programmes filter shows deleted, I assume it does not).

If all else fails, and given you are already checking the recorded table in MySQL anyway, you could always 'select recgroup, chanid, starttime, basename from recorded;' to see what recording group they are associated with.