[mythtv-users] setting up Video Library

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jan 22 23:06:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 17:22 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> The trouble is that where Schedules Direct is giving "Dr. Who", "Family
> of Blood", TheTVDb contains "Doctor Who (2005)", "The Family of Blood
> (2)", and the two are too far apart for the metadata grabber to identify.

OK, I checked, and I plead guilty to not being sufficiently precise, and
so I want to correct myself. I actually am getting "Doctor Who" from SD.
So the default file name is "Doctor Who.mpg", not "Dr. Who.mpg" as I
erroneously reported. So I presume that means "Doctor Who: Family of
Blood" and "Doctor Who (2005): The Family of Blood (2)" are still too
different to be matched. I know that type of "fuzzy matching" is a very
hard problem, so I'm guessing this problem is not really fixable,  and I
will just have to live with "Title - Subtitle", using the info that I do
have. It may be that some other recordings would be close enough to
match, but I don't think there's any way to say "use Title - Subtitle
only if there's no match from ttvdb".

I don't suppose there's any way to make use of the programid? For this
example, the programid is EP007501780038.

I would still like to try running ttvdb manually to be sure that it's
working at all and actually being executed, so I'll look into that more.

--Greg