[mythtv-users] Support for mythrokuplayer

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:45:47 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2014 08:52 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>
>> On 19.01.2014 17:47, Yan Seiner wrote:
>>
>>> I've downloaded and installed rshendershot's MythRokuPlayer. I have it
>>> sort of working but I have issues... Is there a support forum / maillist
>>> for the mythrokuplayer anywhere?
>>>

>> try http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33704
>>
> OK, that was a dumb question....  I missed the 33 pages of thread...  Not
> enough coffee on my side of the world.

MythRoku sounds interesting..     I believe the Roku lacks support for
MPEG-2, right?   So, I guess it's intended for EU users, or transcoders?

I really like the Roku 3, nice interface -- very snappy.  Having a MythTV
app would be great.    But, my backend lacks the grunt to transcode in a
reasonable time.    Maybe when the new HDHomerun cablecard unit with
transcoding comes out this could be an option.