[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1255 Model 22xx

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:26:09 UTC 2014

Le samedi 25 janvier 2014, Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Greetings.
>
> Newbie to MythTV, presently using MMC and want to replace it with MythTV.
>
> So, I dual booted with MythBuntu (most recent version) and it seems that
> out of
> the box vanilla install doesn't recognize this tuner - at least that's what
> MythTV is telling me "no tuner configured" and I've gone through the setup
> wizard.
>
> Do I need a special kernel for this Hybrid tuner? I have searched with
> Google,
> but couldn't find anything regarding MythTV and my HVR-1255 only HVR-1250.

Those cards are supported in recent Linux kernel (
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCIe_Cards)

Though, analog capture is not supported on some of those cards, only
digital works

It seems that you haven't run mythtv-setup and went through the tuner
configuration procedure... Check mythtv wiki