[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 17:40:59 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Stephen P. Villano
<stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows is the fully supported, followed by Tivo. Both paid for the
> licensing and met with the requirements of protecting the crypto.
> That isn't sabotage, it's a basic licensing scheme that is somewhat
> abusive in nature.

I would agree that the DRM is often the root
issue.  You can agree, or disagree, with the
rights of content owners to restrict access
to their content, and the way they are doing
it (I, for one, do not agree with all the restrictions),
but that is the world one lives in.  And such
discussions about DRM need to be made
"upstream" with the content owners, and/or
the FCC.