[mythtv-users] Modelines

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:50:18 UTC 2014

Is it possible to use a custom Modeline if connecting to a TV over HDMI?  I
know that this article (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Modeline_Database) says
it's ignored if TV-OUT has been configured, but I don't know if that
applies here, since HDMI can be used to connect to monitors as well.  Plus,
I have no TV-OUT setup in the xorg.conf.

Both the mythfrontend UI, and TV playboack are larger than the physical
screen (overscan?).  I used the screen wizard in the mythfrontend setup
menu to adjust the dimensions.  While it did help a bit, the display is
still too large.  I'm hoping a custom modeline might help.

Mythbuntu 12.04
Mythtv 0.27
nVidia GT520 using 304.88-0ubuntu0.0.3 drivers

-Robert