[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 20:50:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM,  <CACook at quantum-sci.com> wrote:
> So, you're saying that the R5000 is not relevant to this thread?

The OP (remember where it started?) has stated
interest in only appropriately licensed/authorized
content.  The R5000 does not meet that request
(not the least of which there is no current support
in MythTV, and that the vendor has ended their
offering).

> Or that you don't like the R5000 and therefore it is not to be discussed?

The R5000 exists to circumvent technical limits.
It is not appropriate to discuss such in this forum
(per the list "rules"), which is intended to protect
the project, and the individuals that operate in
the very litigious country that is the US(*).  That
the project elders are conservative is their choice,
and not yours.  Now, perhaps, if  you have a binding
legal contract in place to indemnify all participants
(now, and in the future) regarding such discussions,
those rules could be modified.  Could you have
your lawyer forward a copy of that contract to the
list?  Until you do, I would agree that such
discussions (should you wish to continue them)
be taken elsewhere.  Respect the project.  Respect
the community.  Respect the individuals.

Gary

(*) Yes, perhaps the "free speech", and "forum
members are responsible for their own stupidity"
defense will win a court case, but the costs to
the community and the project (and any
individual involved) would be high.  Why would
one want to be a test case?  Let those with
money (and large legal defense funds) fight
that battle.