[mythtv-users] Best Way to Run Commercial Detection Jobs Not On Master Backend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 28 16:26:39 UTC 2014

On 01/28/2014 10:51 AM, Tony Lill wrote:
> Isn't the big clue on line 3 of the log:
>
> DBHostName is not set in config.xml
>
> My experience is a bit outdated, since I'm still on 0.24, but the code
> gets it's database info from config.xml. It then connects to the
> database listed there and pulls the IP address of the master backend
> from the database.
>
> As for configuring IP addessses, as mentioned before, you should
> always use the real IP address for all backends, both master and
> slave, and not 127.0.0.1
>
> Once that is done, you can run either mythtv-setup or mythfrontend, I
> forget which, on each backend and select which and how many jobs are
> run locally. There is also a switch that controls if jobs are to be
> run on the recording host or not. I'm not sure if that's a global
> option or not.
>
> Some of this might have changed since 0.24 so YMMV

In theory, since he's just now configuring this system to be a
mythjobqueue server, he'll be entering the backend information into
mythtv-setup, at which point it will create the config.xml for him.
That /might/ be a big clue, but it's impossible to tell without seeing
the entire log (like which of the 3 tries to get DB connection
information was this?).

Mike