[mythtv-users] Color Buttons at Bottom of StreamZap Remote Do Not Work in MythTV

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 03:25:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I don't see anything weird. Since pressing 'I' on the keyboard works it
> is not in the key assignments in Myth.
> Try assigning another key to KEY_BLUE you use regularly. For instance P
> for play or Space or Escape and see if it reacts to that.

I think this showed something important. I edited my ~/.mythtv/lircrc file
(which is a symlink to ~/.lirc/mythtv) and replaced this section:

    begin
        remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
        prog = mythtv
        button = KEY_PAUSE
        config = P
        repeat = 0
        delay = 0
    end

with this:

    begin
        remote = Streamzap_PC_Remote
        prog = mythtv
        button = KEY_BLUE
        config = P
        repeat = 0
        delay = 0
    end

Afterwards, I was able to pause the recording with the blue button (where I
previously used the pause button). I think it's likely that when I was
experimenting with the bindings in the frontend setup screen, I changed
some things I didn't mean to change.

I believe I can fix it based on what I have learned, so thank you for the
help!