[mythtv-users] Audio continues after close of program

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 01:06:36 UTC 2014

Hoi Kfoltz4,

> I am using MythTV with an analog capture card. The audio source is the
> CD line in port on the motherboard. MythTV plays the analog NTSC cable
> channels without problems but the audio continues after closing the
> program. How do I mute the CD line in source on exit?

If you have v4l-utils, run: "v4l2-ctl -d [your video device
eg./dev/video0] --set-ctrl=mute=1"
Since your card is cabled to your audio card, it might not work.
Then you have to mute the channel in your audio-mixer.
If you use alsa: "amixer -c [your card number] sset ['your channel
name'] 0"
with: "amixer -c [your card number] sget" you get the available mixer
controls.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven