[mythtv-users] Some recordings won't transcode and won't play on Normal player

Tony Gould antonyjgould+myth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 12:21:57 UTC 2014

has anyone seen this? With some recordings I make, they will play on the
VDPAU playback profile (which I believe goes to my NVidia card), but they
error on transcode and fail to play on the Normal playback profile. This
isn't a showstoper, obviously, but it's something that bugs me. It happened
every so often on 0.21 which I ran until recently, and happens on every
episode of "What's new Scooby Doo" that I record for my kids here in the UK
(on the Hauppage NovaT-500 dual tuner), plus occasionally on some other
recordings.

when I tried to play a recording just now on the Normal profile, the
backend repeatedly said

Jan 31 12:12:36 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1960]: E DVBRead
mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp:365 (AssemblePSIP) MPEGStream[3](0x7f01140617d8):
Error: offset>181, pes length & current cannot be queried

thanks,

Tony.