[mythtv-users] prefinput for channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 9 02:11:40 UTC 2014

On 06/08/2014 07:22 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> On 06/09/14 08:24, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 06/08/2014 08:56 AM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>>> I have a number of tuners, and some have problems with specific
>>> channels. Don't ask.
>>>
>>> For this reason in my recording schedule I assign for each program a
>>> preferred input
>>> that is known to be good.
>>
>> However, you can have different Video Sources for different inputs
>>

> This is probably how I can handle it. However, I will need to create
> the Video Sources dynamically
> because every boot has different problems. And I need to see if I can
> reliably identify these
> problems in a script, because at times a channel *will* tune, slowly,
> and deliver a signal with
> unacceptable (useless) quality. At other times it will fail to tune at
> all.

In that case, create an appropriate number of Video Sources and put all
channels in all Video Sources, then either hide the channel (setting it
to be not visible) if you don't ever want it used or reduce it's
priority (if you want it used only as a last resort).  That will be much
easier than trying to add and delete channels as things change.

Mike