[mythtv-users] Mirobridge failing to update mythtv db entries

rdvAndroid@gmail.com rdvandroid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:38:21 UTC 2014

Daniel,

Cut and paste the following lines in a terminal session on the BE
thatyou run Mirobridge:
----------------------------- Cut code starting on next line
python
from MythTV import Record
makeRecordRule = {'chanid': "9999", 'description': u'Mirobridge Record
rule used to acquire ttvdb.com artwork',
                                'autometadata': 1, 'season': 1,
'episode': 1, 'category': u'Miro', 'station': u'Miro'  }
makeRecordRule['title'] = "Tekzilla"
makeRecordRule['inetref'] = "999999"
record = Record().create(makeRecordRule)
print record
record.delete()
exit(0)
---------------------------- Stop cutting code prior to this line

My results with an environment that has a working MiroBridge looks like
this:
doug at ubuntuQuad:~$ python
Python 2.7.3 (default, Feb 27 2014, 19:37:34)
[GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
 >>> from MythTV import Record
 >>> makeRecordRule = {'chanid': "9999", 'description': u'Mirobridge
Record rule used to acquire ttvdb.com artwork',
...                                'autometadata': 1, 'season': 1,
'episode': 1, 'category': u'Miro', 'station': u'Miro'  }
 >>> makeRecordRule['title'] = "Tekzilla"
 >>> makeRecordRule['inetref'] = "999999"
 >>> record = Record().create(makeRecordRule)
 >>> print record
<Record Rule 'Tekzilla', Type 11 at 0x10e42c0>
 >>> record.delete()
 >>> exit(0)
doug at ubuntuQuad:~$

If your environment aborts then the issue is in your environement. The
code above is the standard way to create a "Record" record using the
MythTV python bindings. If the record is created then it is immediately
deleted so you will not need to clean up your database after running the
test. You can run this test as many times as you like as long as you
include the "record.delete()" statement.

Please paste back the results of your test.

Thanks

Doug