[mythtv-users] mythlink.pl broken on mythbuntu

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 12 18:18:59 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 02:02 PM, Steve Peters wrote:
> That's what I thought. I can open myth frontend and it works fine...and my config.xml file looks just fine. One thing I noticed is that it says localhost instead of the ip address. And when I input the ip address of the server, myth frontend won't work. Does mythlink.pl require the ip and not just localhost to be in config.xml?

Same rules apply for mythlink.pl as for any other MythTV application.

Note, also, that you really need to read the tags enclosing those values
you mention.  localhost can only be used for the DB server, not the
backend server location.

Also, as always, posting actual log output from an attempted run would
allow us to see what's wrong rather than blindly guessing.

Mike