[mythtv-users] vdr and mythv

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 19:42:14 UTC 2014

On 17/06/14 08:03, Per Jessen wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Precisely.

>>> Yup.
>>>
>>> I asked about this feature about a year ago, and even had a look at
>>> the DVB stream to verify that the language info is indeed present.
>>> AFAICT it's just not being stored as part of the EPG data.
>>
>> So why do you have in your database channels that broadcast shows in
>> languages you don't want?  I'm assuming the channels themselves tend
>> to stick to a given language, so just remove (or hide) the ones you
>> don't want.
>
> Some channels do broadcast in multiple languages - that's pretty common
> in Switzerland for instance.  However, removing channels I don't want
> is a hassle - I have some 4000 channels I think, most of which I don't
> want.

I (like many others) use an SQL script to organise the channel line-up
and it makes re-scanning a breeze.

There are some examples here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments

but the principle is the same for any counter/satellite.

The up-front effort of writing/adapting a script pays for itself any
time you need to re-scan.  Once you've got it the way you want it, all
of the crud gets hidden and you only see the channels you're actually
interested in.  Since you have complete control over the channel
numbers, it's not even a problem to delete all the existing channels.
Just re-scan and run the script when it's finished.

Richard.