[mythtv-users] Mythbackend problems after installing latest 0.27-1 patches

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 05:24:32 UTC 2014

On Saturday, June 21, 2014, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, but then how did this issue make it into an update?

Not sure I understand your question here.

While fixing the problem of being unable to play a particular video file
(first mentioned here, on this mailing list) I had to make change to the
ringbuffer class.

This is a change that could have significant impact on the entire system.
While testing I identified an issue where live TV could take more than 10s
to start.
I thought it was related to my recent change. But it turned out it wasn't.
As I was investigating the issue, I found a leak in the backend code. A
ringbuffer instance is created, but sometimes it's not deleted. This cause
a TFW thread to be created. When you quit the backend at this time you get
the error mentioned above.

So I'm hoping the fixes I've pushed fix his problems. But I'm not certain,
there may be more