[mythtv-users] MythArchive crash in RecordingSelector::updateRecordingList

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 16:47:01 UTC 2014

On 6/21/14, 10:41 AM, Will Dormann wrote:
> 0x00007f8eccab0ce5 in RecordingSelector::updateRecordingList
> (this=0x26076c0) at recordingselector.cpp:419
> 419	recordingselector.cpp: No such file or directory.

Well, I don't know what to say here.  Upon further investigation, I
think I've come to the conclusion that this is an intermittent problem.
 Perhaps a race condition or something?

In my testing I had a couple of theories, such as the recording not
being available (e.g. my NAS wasn't mounted), or the recording was
something that was made before my most recent mythtv update, or
something like that.   However, any of the scenarios that I thought
would surely cause the crash again would suddenly start working again.

The hardware that is running Mythtv is solid (albeit perhaps slower than
what most folks run), with no RAM issues or other spontaneous
unexplained issues.  But something about the above code is perhaps less
robust than it should be.

-WD