[mythtv-users] 0.27.1 stores wrong length in SD mpeg2 recordings

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:34:31 UTC 2014

Hoi Mark,

Sunday, June 22, 2014, 3:40:57 PM, you wrote:

>> If you run mythcommflag without the --rebuild option, then you are
>> doing the same thing as running it automatically at the time of the
>> recording.  Without --rebuild, it does rebuild the recordedseek data,
>> but also adds the commercial flagging data.

> My understanding if this must have been incorrect. I thought
> --rebuild would rebuild the seek table but leave the commflag marks
> untouched (which would then most likely be incorrect, depending on
> circumstances). I though omitting the --rebuild would leave the seek
> table untouched and only clear then redo the commflag marks.

I discovered that bookmarks seem to stay valid after a rebuild. I've
to test to be sure. I don't know if commflagging uses the same
mechanism and what this further tells. To me it seems to imply that
the to short recording length comes from an incomplete seek table
build on recording, where the first part is correct and the second
part missing. Although the bookmark I'm talking about was then in the
missing part. (between the told end and the real end)

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop