[mythtv-users] failing hard drive - advice on recovering specific recordings - mythlink perhaps

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:35:25 UTC 2014

Don't be sure it is not bad sectors.

I have had a least one seagate 1.5TB drive that was getting bad sector
errors and after a few (maybe 10-30) hits of bad sectors the drive
stops respomding, turning off the machine so the drive loses power
appears to bring it back immediately and it will work for a few more
bad sectors reads.   I actually had a machine setup with a remote
power switch so that I could run the reads until they failed, then
power cycle the machine and continue trying.