[mythtv-users] Seeking frontend advice

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:59:28 UTC 2014

Hoi Tyler,

Monday, June 30, 2014, 4:26:34 PM, you wrote:

>>> Agreed. I have that same setup and the picture looks crystal clear to
>>> me (as clear as a CRT is going to get, anyway).
>>
>> You probably need to be specific there - as clear as a SDTV CRT is going to
>> get.

> I didn't know HD CRT TVs existed.

It may be clear, but color quality can and will not be real good. vga
uses five signals (RGB and H and V sync) while s-video only has two
(brightness with sync and coloring). The RGB signal on scart is
similar to vga only the two syncs are combined.
s-video will always look flat, without the color intensity of vga or
scart RGB. A circuit to combine the two vga syncs to one is quite
simple.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven