[mythtv-users] Preventing FE changing TV HDMI source at Boot

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 05:15:18 UTC 2014

On 2/28/14, 11:25 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/28/2014 1:41 PM, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>> Isn't there a way to disable CEC signaling to change the input?
>
> Actually, the opposite.  The CEC device has to specifically request
> that the input on the display be changed to it.  This is just
> something the television is doing on its own.  As with many "smart"
> devices, doing the "right thing" will always result in a small subset
> of users where the automatic behavior is undesirable.
Thanks!
It seems that I somehow browsed the docs and got the cart before the horse.
I was thinking that the CEC device (video card) sent the request to
change input source to it to the monitor.

It's annoying getting something that fundamental bass ackwards. I'm
going to have to adapt my reading methods.