[mythtv-users] Light ncurses frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 5 18:31:00 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 01:17 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> I really love the idea of this, but I wish it were incorporated into
> every SSH client (PuTTY would be awesome). If you want to access your
> server from a device you don't own/control, it's easier to find a
> client with SSH installed than to find one with SSH plus SPA/FWKNOP.

BYOC.  Assuming you can connect your phone to the network, you can use
it to issue a request, which will open the port for SSH from the network
(assuming NAT'ed network).  Or, fix the "dumbed down" client app
available on, e.g. Android, to let you type in an "allow IP" address
(rather than just selecting one from a drop-down of addresses on the
client system), then use your phone's client and network to send a
request for the device/network you don't own/control.

Anyway, my btmp is really happy with fwknop/SPA (and having seen how
many miscreants are attempting SSH login on systems--even on
non-standard ports--I feel much better not leaving an SSH port open on
my network).

Mike