[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime questions

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Mar 7 21:46:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Phil Staub <phil at staub.us> wrote:
> After going through the setup process, I end up with a MythTV system that
> works fine with some channels, but has various problems with others

Just to be clear, you followed the setup process for the HDHR Prime
instructions, not the instructions for the regular HDHR.  In
particular, you did not perform a channel scan, instead choosing to
"Fetch channels from listing source".  Is that correct?

> channels that fail to tune and crash with an error message about
> 'unrecoverable tuner error'.

You may find more detailed error message in log files under /var/log/mythtv/

> Most of them tune fine, but I find that on a handful of them (about 2 dozen
> out of 305 available channels), the tuner will play fine for 2 to 5 seconds
> and then lock up.

When you scanned using hdhr_config, what did it print for auth= for
these channels that have problems?

Eric