[mythtv-users] Question about MythMusic (solved)

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Mar 7 23:04:33 UTC 2014

On 06/03/14 15:42, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 03/05/2014 05:54 PM, Alistair Grant wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Larry Finger
>> <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> What should I do to be able to enter my music in the selection page
>>> with the corrected info?
>>
>> Have you confirmed that the metadata within the files is correct?  I
>> recently tried easytag and it seems to work quite well, but there are
>> many other programs for editing audio file tags.  On Ubuntu:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install easytag
>
> Thanks. The metadata had not been changed as that was the part I did
> not understand.
>
> I tried easytag, but I found that it would actually start only about
> 25% of the time. As I use a KDE desktop, kid3 works for me. The GUIs
> of the two programs are very similar.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Larry

You can also edit the metadata in MythMusic just press EDIT ('E' is the
default key binding). That will work just about everywhere in MythMusic
and will save the new metadata to the database and optionally to the tag
as well.

I would have moved the tracks with bad metadata out of the music
directory and then used the Import Music screen to import them back into
the music directory. The Import screen has a feature that allows you to
edit the metadata for one track and then store the defaults which you
can then quickly apply to all the other tracks that require similar
metadata like artist, album, genre etc. It will also create the correct
directory and filename for you based on the format you have set.

Paul H.