[mythtv-users] "Use Highest Quality Mode" under audio setup/test results in no sound

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Mar 8 02:20:39 UTC 2014

I'm working on bringing up a new mythtv backend and front-end running .27.
My front end has an nvidia card with HDMI out connected to a 7.1 receiver.
While configuring the audio, on the setup/test page, it successfully
generates sound out of each of the seven speakers and the subwoofer, unless
I check the "Use Highest Quality Mode" option box, in which case it
generates no sound at all.

Obviously, for now, I just left the box unchecked ;). But I'm curious as to
exactly what that box is supposed to do, and why it might cause my system to
not generate any sound at all?

Thanks much.